Mithril pin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #875
    mindx2
    Participant

    My apologies to you all as I will be pestering you with many questions as I plunge head first into collecting Mithril figures!

    What is the Mithril Pin? It was an exclusive to Fellowship members?

    #34864
    mindx2
    Participant

    My apologies to you all as I will be pestering you with many questions as I plunge head first into collecting Mithril figures!

    What is the Mithril Pin? It was an exclusive to Fellowship members?

    #34865
    Milo
    Participant

    Yes that’s it.
    There exist also T-shirt, polo and sweat-shirt which are the omly goodies I know.

    #34868
    Gildor
    MMP Elder

    the mithril pin along with the mithril tshirt (Version 1 – with silver writing all abroad) were goodies from the original Mithril fellowship back in the 90s…. I still owns them (though the tshirt has almost lost its letters)

    the new polo shirt and sweetshirt from “fruits of the loom” with sewed mithril logo are goodies from the Gold Fellowship created in 2005. they can still be bought at Mithril

    I asked Michael some time ago if the original shirt and pins were still available and they are not…

    I think there is a picture of the pins somewhere on the forum ? it is the original mithril logo, written in tengwar runes

    #34870
    mindx2
    Participant
    Gildor Inglorion wrote:
    I asked Michael some time ago if the original shirt and pins were still available and they are not…

    So rarer than the M16 huh?! :P

    #34883
    hsf62
    Participant

    Most likely! :P

    #34884
    Gildor
    MMP Elder
    mindx2 wrote:
    Gildor Inglorion wrote:
    I asked Michael some time ago if the original shirt and pins were still available and they are not…

    So rarer than the M16 huh?! :P

    M16 is far from being the rarest ;) check those ones for example : [mith]Chr1988[/mith] or [mith]32Proto1[/mith] or [mith]MW346[/mith]

    I suggest you to check this gallery section : http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/uniques-and-rarities-gallery/

    not talking about [mith]32Gift1[/mith] or [mith]32Gift2[/mith] :)

    #34885
    mindx2
    Participant
    Gildor Inglorion wrote:
    mindx2 wrote:
    Gildor Inglorion wrote:
    I asked Michael some time ago if the original shirt and pins were still available and they are not…

    So rarer than the M16 huh?! :P

    M16 is far from being the rarest ;) check those ones for example : [mith]Chr1988[/mith] or [mith]32Proto1[/mith] or [mith]MW346[/mith]

    I suggest you to check this gallery section : http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/uniques-and-rarities-gallery/

    not talking about [mith]32Gift1[/mith] or [mith]32Gift2[/mith] :)

    Oh, I was just kidding about the rarity thing as I’ve been reading many of the threads here and am quickly learning what is “unfindable”. ;) What did you do with the other 6 32Gift2 figures? Also, who has all the Half-orcs set to take photos of all the existing prototypes?

    #34886
    Gildor
    MMP Elder

    the pictures of the half orcs and iron hill dwarves are all in the gallery

    We are a few around here to own the full warbands :) I’m one of them (actually my collection is complete, prototypes included except a very few…)

    about the 6 other gifts, I gave one to a fellow member here for a very special occasion of his (I will let him say who it is as I don’t know or am not sure if he wants to disclose the fact) and I still possess all the other ones myself (I don’t intend to put them for sale :)

    #34887
    mindx2
    Participant
    Gildor Inglorion wrote:
    the pictures of the half orcs and iron hill dwarves are all in the gallery

    We are a few around here to own the full warbands :) I’m one of them (actually my collection is complete, prototypes included except a very few…)

    about the 6 other gifts, I gave one to a fellow member here for a very special occasion of his (I will let him say who it is as I don’t know or am not sure if he wants to disclose the fact) and I still possess all the other ones myself (I don’t intend to put them for sale :)

    I’m curious so please tell me if I ask too many questions… How did the few here acquire the unproduced Warbands and other prototypes if they were never offered? Also, I promise I was not trying to elicit a sale from you for one of your prized gift figures. As I said I’m just interested in the history of the Mithril line as well as wanting to collect. Speaking of collecting, did you get my PM asking for access to the Collection Manager?

    #34888
    Milo
    Participant

    Chris Tubb sold MW346, MW347 prototypes on ebay by set of 4-5 figures .
    I remember there were around 40 of each set. All were sold in less than 5 minutes.
    On my side, I have almost all except 4 dwarves as I missed the auction and 1 half orc.

    #34893
    Mornedhel
    Participant

    And for my part a prototype was an exchanged gift for belgian chocolate :-) but this one is now in South of France Mithril Museum :-)

    #34894
    Mornedhel
    Participant

    And all variants,prototypes and unfindable except one Aragorn were gifts from friends and so of the greatest value

    #34895
    Gildor
    MMP Elder

    which leads me to wonder now master mornedhel if you still possess raritied that I don’t myself :) if so, maybe we could discuss … at least for pics :)

    #34900
    Mornedhel
    Participant
    Gildor Inglorion wrote:
    which leads me to wonder now master mornedhel if you still possess raritied that I don’t myself :) if so, maybe we could discuss … at least for pics :)

    I don’t think so :-) You are the mithril memory
    However I will photography each one and post the pictures to be sure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
English EN French FR German DE Italian IT Spanish ES