MZ624: Tolbod Hornblower (The Old Toby )

MMP Mithril in Middle-Earth The Art Gallery of Mayor Samwise MZ624: Tolbod Hornblower (The Old Toby )

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #976
    Sam Wise
    Participant

    Another addition to my Hobbits collection…
    Everybody here knows the story of the inventor of the Longbottom pipe-weed, so it’s not necessary to discourse about it.
    And of course that this figure is the 119th winning (excellent!) suggestion of the “Gold Fellowship” for the month of May 2015, submitted by Master Halbarad.

    The paint-work is what it is : not perfect. Even if I’ve done some progress, I’m very limited with my eyes ( and usual skill :P).

    There is a little bit more pictures on my blog

    [imgz url=http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/862_old_tobby_01.jpg]http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/thumbs/862_old_tobby_01.jpg[/imgz]

    [imgz url=http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/862_old_tobby_06.jpg]http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/thumbs/862_old_tobby_06.jpg[/imgz]

    #38702
    Sam Wise
    Participant

    Another addition to my Hobbits collection…
    Everybody here knows the story of the inventor of the Longbottom pipe-weed, so it’s not necessary to discourse about it.
    And of course that this figure is the 119th winning (excellent!) suggestion of the “Gold Fellowship” for the month of May 2015, submitted by Master Halbarad.

    The paint-work is what it is : not perfect. Even if I’ve done some progress, I’m very limited with my eyes ( and usual skill :P).

    There is a little bit more pictures on my blog

    [imgz url=http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/862_old_tobby_01.jpg]http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/thumbs/862_old_tobby_01.jpg[/imgz]

    [imgz url=http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/862_old_tobby_06.jpg]http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/thumbs/862_old_tobby_06.jpg[/imgz]

    #38707
    Fabrice JACOB
    Participant

    Je ne me lasse jamais de voir des figurines Mithril peintes !
    Merci à vous Maître Sam Wise pour cette nouvelle réalisation. J’aime les hobbits, je les ai souvent peins, je connais la difficulté d’arriver à bien faire ressortir tous les détails, tant ils sont petits sur cette échelle. Vous vous en êtes admirablement sorti.
    Portez-vous bien

    I never get tired of seeing painted Mithril figurines!
    Thank you Master Sam Wise for this new achievement. I like hobbits, I often paint them, I know how difficult it is to bring out all the details, as they are so small on this scale. You have done admirably.
    Be well.

    #38711
    Thingol
    Participant
    Fabrice JACOB wrote:
    Je ne me lasse jamais de voir des figurines Mithril peintes !
    Merci à vous Maître Sam Wise pour cette nouvelle réalisation. J’aime les hobbits, je les ai souvent peins, je connais la difficulté d’arriver à bien faire ressortir tous les détails, tant ils sont petits sur cette échelle. Vous vous en êtes admirablement sorti.
    Portez-vous bien

    I never get tired of seeing painted Mithril figurines!
    Thank you Master Sam Wise for this new achievement. I like hobbits, I often paint them, I know how difficult it is to bring out all the details, as they are so small on this scale. You have done admirably.
    Be well.

    I agree with you. I recently left on Faceebook 470 photos of all painted figures whole range of collection… from M1 till the last few releases.

    #38713
    Sam Wise
    Participant
    Fabrice JACOB wrote:
    I never get tired of seeing painted Mithril figurines!
    Thank you Master Sam Wise for this new achievement. I like hobbits, I often paint them, I know how difficult it is to bring out all the details, as they are so small on this scale. You have done admirably.
    Be well.

    Many Thanks Master Fabrice.
    I’m accustomed to paint small figures (1/72 ) so painting Hobbit in 32 mm scale is not more difficult theoretically.
    (in 1/72, the quality of sculpt is variable, some plastic ones are really bad, and some resin ones are finely detailed, it depends of the manufacturer.)
    The problems are multiple : my eyes, my hands and my brushes !
    I’ve received some new brushes yesterday, and it seems that it works better.
    But I can’t buy new eyes and new hands ! ;)

    Thingol wrote:
    I recently left on Faceebook 470 photos of all painted figures whole range of collection… from M1 till the last few releases.

    All the collection ?? it’s almost incredible … waouh !

    Where can we see this treasure, please, Master Thingol ?

    #38714
    Thingol
    Participant

    In the Facebook fan page “Fans of Mithril miniatures” I will send you invitation…. ;-)

    #38716
    Sam Wise
    Participant
    Thingol wrote:
    In the Facebook fan page “Fans of Mithril miniatures” I will send you invitation…. ;-)

    Thanks !
    received and joined !
    Some great works there !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
English EN French FR German DE Italian IT Spanish ES