Shadyt’s Most Wanted Miniature

MMP Mithril in Middle-Earth The Crossroads of Esgaroth Shadyt’s Most Wanted Miniature

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #548
    shadyt
    Participant

    The M152 Variag Horseman is now the only figure on my most wanted list. I know that he is in high demand, but any help would be appreciated!

    #14068
    shadyt
    Participant

    The M152 Variag Horseman is now the only figure on my most wanted list. I know that he is in high demand, but any help would be appreciated!

    #14585
    shadyt
    Participant

    I will add M44 to the list of my most wanted.

    #14600
    Turambar
    Participant

    I passed away a M 44 some days before Christmas for a friend . . . :rolleyes:
    You should focus on your demands more clearly, Master shadyt, otherwise you will miss them constantly . . .
    Remember the other orcs you were longing for . . .

    #16549
    Milo
    Participant

    Master of the Orcs, [mith]M152[/mith] for you is here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mithril-M152-Mordor-Variag-Reiter-Mers-Merp-Mittelerde-/250797794556

    I suggest you check the seller list, more orcs & haradan men also

    #16554
    cameosis
    Participant
    Milo wrote:
    Master of the Orcs, [mith]M152[/mith] for you is here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mithril-M152-Mordor-Variag-Reiter-Mers-Merp-Mittelerde-/250797794556

    I suggest you check the seller list, more orcs & haradan men also

    the database says that m152 comes with a bow as well (5 pieces)—the auctioned item doesn’t mention the bow (4 pieces).

    #16559
    imisel
    Participant
    cameosis wrote:
    Milo wrote:
    Master of the Orcs, [mith]M152[/mith] for you is here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mithril-M152-Mordor-Variag-Reiter-Mers-Merp-Mittelerde-/250797794556

    I suggest you check the seller list, more orcs & haradan men also

    the database says that m152 comes with a bow as well (5 pieces)—the auctioned item doesn’t mention the bow (4 pieces).

    good point Cameosis.. I haven’t seen it neither.

    #16567
    Theobald
    Participant

    To be honest, so far I didn’t know anything about that figure with a bow. I’m sure that a long time ago I bought an original M152 when it still was available in shops. There definitely wasn’t any bow in the blister. – That’s all I can tell.

    #16568
    imisel
    Participant

    Master Ent, I’m not absolutely sure, but I think that, when I finally asemble my M152 a month ago, it has an bow on it… I’ll check it when I arrive home and tell you something.

    #16572
    hsf62
    Participant

    M152 has got a bow and it is the one still available in the weapon pack from Mithril. ;)
    [imgz url=http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/6_accessories_pack.jpg]http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/thumbs/6_accessories_pack.jpg[/imgz]

    #16574
    Turambar
    Participant

    Yes, but this is the most awful bow in the whole mithril range, though it is the original one, as Master Caster pointed out!
    If you have another one, take that, Troy!
    And as the Tree said: I have an original edition, in blister so to say, WITHOUT bow! For me, that figure defenetly needs either a bow or a spear!

    #16582
    imisel
    Participant
    Turambar wrote:
    Yes, but this is the most awful bow in the whole mithril range, though it is the original one, as Master Caster pointed out!
    If you have another one, take that, Troy!
    And as the Tree said: I have an original edition, in blister so to say, WITHOUT bow! For me, that figure defenetly needs either a bow or a spear!

    Ok… the mine comes in blister and had this awful bow, having a quiver on his back makes the bow necesary!

    #16583
    Theobald
    Participant

    sorry … sorry … sorrry …. but you’re right, friends.
    The problem with me simply was that I didn’t look thoroughly enough. My fault. I beg your pardon.
    I keep all Mithrils in some glass cabinets. When I now had a closer look and opend that one of the glass cabinets with the M152 in it, I found his bow behind (!) the base. It just wasn’t so far attached to the figure. See, I have those unpainted Mithrils lined up in numbers from M1 to M-whatever. They’re mixed with painted ones. The ones I haven’t painted so far are standing there with all pieces at their feet – and the single pieces of those figures are not always attached by now

    Yes, Master Turambar, of course you’re right. What sense would it make to carry a quiver on one’s back without having a bow. – As for the size and design of the bow, you find another one of that size with the MX-Frumgar. The “Frumgar-team” once decided to add to the Figure some items that reveil where Frumgar successfully has been. That bow in the quiver was meant to show that he also was in contact with Easterlings. – As for me, some years ago I had the chance to practice a while with such a small but very effective bow (though I still prefer the longbow).

    Again: MEA CULPA I really didn’t want to cause any confusion – it was all just caused by haste.

    #16589
    Milo
    Participant

    I have a MIB one, still in Blister, I can take a picture to show exactly what is expected.

    #16593
    hsf62
    Participant

    Nothing to feel sorry about Master Ent. After all, we are only human! Well most of us! 😆

    #16596
    imisel
    Participant
    hsf62 wrote:
    Nothing to feel sorry about Master Ent. After all, we are only human! Well most of us! 😆

    totally agree with that…

    #16597
    imisel
    Participant
    hsf62 wrote:
    M152 has got a bow and it is the one still available in the weapon pack from Mithril. ;)
    [imgz url=http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/6_accessories_pack.jpg]http://mmp.faerylands.eu/uploads/thumbs/6_accessories_pack.jpg[/imgz]

    Master Caster, only take on count that this bow didn’t come always with the weapon pack, its contents aren’t always the same … I’ve bought it 2 times and this bow didn’t come in either of the packs.

    #16598
    hsf62
    Participant

    I’m sure it would be possible to tell them that this bow has to be in the pack , otherwise you wouldn’t want it!
    It’s all about communication, but sometimes also a little hard with Mithril!:rolleyes:
    But thanks anyway for mentioning this Master Imisel. It makes life easier when ordering something from over there.:D

    #16602
    Theobald
    Participant

    The “weapon packs” … I just looked them up.
    Mind that there were 3 (!) sets sold by Mithril.
    I think our Master Caster referred to the first set that was offered. – The second set was called “Accessoir Pack” by the company. After that a third set was sold.
    By the way, if you have all 3 sets you’ll find all the Gondorian shields in them (M ?). Other parts of old miniatures (e.g. the shield of Arzog, etc.). A marvellous source for conversions, as there are all kind of shields, weapons, arms holding a shield or a banner, etc.). All pieces are from the old M-series.
    I suspect that all of the sets are not identical, as they seem to be the left-overs of a clean out once done in the company. Only roughly sorted and sold by weight.
    I just compared the two third sets I have and found out that one contains 31 pieces, the other one 30. Anyway, I just bought them once as I am a collector and those very small blisters lay somewhere among other Mithril-things around here.

    #16615
    Turambar
    Participant

    So- I came to the conclusion that there is “my” original bow missing . . . Though it was originally blistered . . . :/
    I pointed out several times that this Frumgar is one of the absolutely TOP figures. I have to correct myself: of course it is possible to have more than one weapon.
    A full-time-warrior should have more than one weapon . . .
    I will add a ( better looking ) bow. I think I already did . . . There is a picture somewhere here around . . . tss, tsss

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MMP Mithril in Middle-Earth The Crossroads of Esgaroth Shadyt’s Most Wanted Miniature

English EN French FR German DE Italian IT Spanish ES